TO BUILD HIS BRAND, EVOLVE HIS SOUND, AND REFINE HIS TECHNIQUES AS A VERSATILE PRODUCER, DJ, AND MUSICIAN.
1) How would you describe your style of music?
My favorite style of music would have to be dance music and I like to combine different sub genres to make it my own.
2) In 2014, you were described as the Rising Star of the Year and you had the number one remix that same year with “Boom Clap” with Charli XCX. Was the success of “Boom Clap” a game changer for you?
Yes, because it gave me my first introduction into the Billboard dance charts. It also gave me opportunities to work with Billboard charting artists as well.
3) How did you get your start in music?
I started music at the age of 6. My father was a musician and he got me my first drum kit. Ever since then I gradually started making it into a professional career. I attended Frank Sinatra School of the Arts and from there, I moved on to Five Towns College, where I graduated with a bachelors degree in music.
4) Social media has made it much easier for artists to get their music heard. How important is social media to you?
It’s a must. I post live DJ routines on YouTube, gig flyers on Instagram, songs on Soundcloud, then notify my followers to check it all out via Twitter and Facebook. Social media allows you to build your brand your way.
5) Where do you get your inspiration to create music from?
I listen to a lot of different music, old and new, especially since I DJ. It’s part of the job. I love the technology aspect of the studio so I just get in there and play around on my gear.
6) Millions of people listen to your music. What do you listen to?
I’m really into electronic music. Like I said, I go deep into all of the sub genres: future bass, electro, tropical, tech, deep house…all of it.
7) Tell us about some of the artists you’ve worked with. Who stands out?
There are a lot of artists I’ve worked with that I admire. 21 Pilots really stood out because I understood their style from being able to work with them on a remix of “Car Radio” that was fortunate enough to make their Japanese Tour. They are down to earth and super talented.
8) You’re a producer, DJ, and musician. What’s your first love?
They’re all components of who I am and each set of skills helps the other sets out. If I had to choose one, I would have to pick being a musician. Having those fundamentals really ties it all together for me.
9) Who is on your wish list when it comes to singers?
Matthew Koma, Bebe Rexha, and Taylor Swift.
10) Finally, what can we expect from you in 2016?
I was doing a lot of remixes, DJ bootlegs, and mashups in the past but I’m focusing on getting more original tracks out as of now. I just released a feel good dance song called “Beautiful Life” with The Extraordinary Gentlemen, recording artist Jaclyn Walker & Overdrive Productions. We have a lot of dope stuff going on with it. Other than making and releasing new content, I plan on staying busy with the DJ and percussion gigs! Visit www.GozziNYC.com to lock in with me and see what’s next!